Recently, I was asked by a friend to share 8 random things about myself. I thought it might be fun to post them here at my blog ...
Thanks for the tag, Wendy!
(If you have time, please feel free to share some random things about yourself in the comments below!)
1. My middle name was Michelle, but when I got married I officially changed it to my maiden name.
2. I was an early education major when I started college (I wanted to be a nursery school teacher) but switched to English in my sophomore year.
3. I can say/sing the alphabet backwards really quickly - thanks to my 1st grade teacher.
4. I haven't worked - for pay - since 1995. I was a newspaper writer/assistant editor before becoming a full-time mom. I'm very thankful we've been able to do this; living on one income is not always easy.
5. One of my ancestors came over on the second Mayflower.
6. I'm severely allergic to almost all antibiotics. This was discovered when I had pneumonia a few years ago.
7. I've never been to NYC and it's a dream of mine to stand outside the Today Show in Rockefeller Center with a sign and a cup of Dean & Deluca coffee.
8. I have an irrational fear of bears. (Irrational, because I never put myself in situations where I might run into bears.)
(Bonus random fact: I did my list in my favorite colors.)
Hope you're all enjoying the weekend! See you here again sometime soon ...