Happy Weekend, my friends! And thank you all for your wonderful comments as I passed my nine year "blogiversary." You are all very kind! :)
It is a busy week ahead as we wrap up Lent ... I am going to try to keep things in perspective as we head towards Good Friday, but it is hard when you're the one hosting the holiday! There's so much to do, bake, clean and prepare!
Today though, I thought I'd share my April planning notes with you all, since the change is upon us this week, too ... the new month arrives on Wednesday!
April is ...
* National Poetry Month
* Autism Awareness Month
* April's gem is the diamond.
* April's flower is the sweet pea.
* April's Devotion: The Holy Spirit
* April's Season: Early Spring
* From the farms & fields: fiddleheads, rhubarb, morel mushrooms, chives, asparagus, spring greens ...
* First flowers: dandelions, forsythia, crocus, daffodils, coltsfoot ...
* In the marshy woods: red-winged blackbirds, salamanders, pussywillow, skunk cabbage ...
* Time to put out hummingbird feeders - they'll be back soon!
April Folklore: "April showers bring May flowers ... "
* Days of Note *
1. April Fool's Day, Spy Wednesday
2. Holy Thursday, World Autism Awareness Day (Light it up Blue!)
3. Good Friday
4. The Full Pink Moon, Holy Saturday, Passover
5. Easter Sunday
10. National Siblings Day
11. Archie and Oliver's Birthday, National Pet Day
12. Divine Mercy Sunday, Gladys Taber's Birthday
13. Red Sox Home Opener
20. Patriot's Day, Boston Marathon
22. Earth Day
23. St. George's Day, England's National Day, William Shakespeare's Birthday
24. Arbor Day
26. John James Audubon's Birthday
30. May Eve/Walpurgisnacht
Ahhh ... April is a wonderful month! A true turning point in the year, and after this extraordinarily long winter, it will hold so many sweet surprises for us ... I can hardly wait! I'll be as patient as I can though, because each day brings something new - a subtle change in the air or the light or the feel of a day ... it's a slow process for sure, but how delicious the unveiling!
I think that's one of the nicest things about nature - even though each season returns as it did the year before, there is always that element of surprise. New birdsong, warm light, and the greening of things .... That first dandelion pushing its way through the trampled grass is a tiny miracle all on its own - it breathes some life back into our winter-weary hearts! It reminds us that - whatever we have going on, however busy we get - nature has its own beautiful rhythm and we're just along for the ride ... but what a ride it is!
Well, my friends, I hope this April overview was as fun and perhaps helpful for you as it was for me! I must be off now, but I hope you all have a nice weekend, and as always, I thank you for stopping by. Wishing you all a blessed Palm Sunday tomorrow, and a lovely start to Holy Week ...
See you here again very soon!